Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hallowe'en (Handmade) Costume Recap

I have been insanely busy for the past week, making felt food for the upcoming craft fair and working on Hallowe'en costumes. I only managed to finish sewing my "main" costume on Monday morning:

Shrivelled-tail mermaid at Bear Creek park

It didn't turn out entirely the way I wanted -- the tail shrank in half because I didn't want to do anymore sewing, for one -- but it looks fine and lasted through Hallowe'en.

The entire thing is hand-stitched anyway... Who else would be crazy enough to do that?? So I'm still proud of it!


For Friday and Saturday, I had to put together a "back-up" costume:

Dorothy from Wizard of Oz... at Stanley Park

I sewed the hair-bows out of blue tulle, and pinned some white satin bows to the socks. Everything else is as-is, from the Angelic Pretty jumperskirt to the basket-style handbag.

Some of the little time I had also went towards other people's costumes!

For example, I made the red tie for Raccoon's "Son of Man" costume (left) and the furry white ears on B. (right):

Lining up for Dunbar haunted house

Raccoon made the green apple himself. ;)

All in all it's been a fun weekend! Now it's time for me to get back to working on craft fair items...

For shorter, daily updates, check out my Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment