Saturday, July 16, 2011

Little Women

My first encounter with a real wild rabbit

I finished the first "book" of
Little Women last night, having waited years to do so since I found out my childhood copy (a gift from my aunt) was actually an abridged version.

Can't say I really want to keep going, though, despite my hatred of leaving books unfinished -- even when they turn out to be lousy. You might be able to guess why. Here's a hint:

"Jo should have remained a literary spinster, but so many enthusiastic young ladies wrote to me clamorously demanding that she marry Laurie or somebody, that I didn't dare refuse, but out of perversity went and made a funny match for her." (Louisa May Alcott)

...

And so Alcott's decision continues to disappoint and enrage young women everywhere, until the end of human existence.


A. and me on the fort walls at Fort Langley

My youngest cousin A., the littest woman I know (haha), is visiting for the summer. Like her brother who visited last spring, she actually goes to class every day, and is expecting to improve her English. I only show her around Vancouver over the weekend.

Of course, that doesn't mean I can't use her as an excuse for slacking off...

Since my last post, I've only made a wrist cuff for my Etsy shop and two toys for my cat. Here is the cuff:


I really like how it turned out, though! An almost-magical array of glittering bits and pieces and lace and ribbons. The scoop of ice cream (made out of sparkly Japanese clay) is my favourite part, of course, even if Raccoon says it makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment