Saturday, July 23, 2011

I sold a doll!!

Hand-sewn miniature mermaid doll

I've made an Etsy sale -- my first since opening shop in May! The lucky doodad is the mini mermaid art doll (only 20 cm long), unnamed, made of Japanese craft felt.

The sparkles on the tail are star-shaped

I was at first thrilled to finally sell something I designed and made (not counting a custom order from an old schoolmate... because I haven't finished it!). And then for the rest of the day, I was terrified that the recipient wouldn't like it.

It's times like these I wish I had Western (or Westernized) parents who would've pumped me full of confidence -- even if it's entirely unwarranted -- rather than beaten me down with a sense of Asian humility. :P

In any case, the package is on its way to the US now, so I'll just have to wait for feedback for the next 4 to 11 business days. Hopefully I'll also get an acceptance/rejection letter for my last short story by then, because I really, really can't help waiting for closure on one project before starting the next.

If I could write a new story and sew a new doll in the upcoming week......

No comments:

Post a Comment